At 11:08 03/01/2024 -0500, Bill Drescher wrote:
I have a document that I copied from the original on the web (legally). Now I need to modify it using LO. The document has hard line breaks that I want to remove.

The first thing to do is to understand what you are handling here. Calling these "hard line breaks" (or, even worse, "crlf" - as you have in your Subject header) is unhelpful, as what I assume you have here is what in a word processor are *paragraph breaks*.

Using the find and replace form I can not figure out how to indicate a line break.

It's generally necessary to think in terms of the paragraphs themselves, rather than breaks. (But perhaps not here ...)

With "Regular Expressions" selected /n, /n/lf fail.

Those would need to be backslashes, not slashes. And \n matches a line break, not the paragraph breaks that I believe you have here.

What can I use to replace the line break with a space?

Just "$" (no quotes), it seems.

Another thought: consider using Paste Special (instead of ordinary Paste) and "Unformatted text" when inserting text from elsewhere. This avoids some problems.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker