I have a master document which has a number of styles in it.

I have a "Page/Section" template that I distribute to others to create sections for inclusion into the master.

One of those people (correctly) fixed a mistake of mine and sent it back.

I can absorb those changes by loading the styles from his returned document into my template and then into the master.

Now, what's the best way to change all the sections other folks sent me and make sure that all the styles are consistently synchronized across all documents?

Also, maybe this is a good time to suggest that the exporting and importing of styles be done using an external file, i.e. XML or JSON, would be really a nice feature to have.

(Part of that suggestion is driven by, what i see as, the inability to absorb into a template document the styles from the master document. Or so it seems.)

I have also come to the opinion that the "smart" (*cough*) way for me to keep them all coordinated is to copy every style used in the docs into a new one with some prefix like "my" and use it on all styles in the doc such as "my  Default Paragraph"

Thanks for everyones time.

--
  << MCT >> Michael C Tiernan. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mtiernan
  Non Impediti Ratione Cogatationis