Are you sure this isn't a Windows' problem? Typically it's Windows that has
stuff blocked and restricted to those with administrator privileges.
Philip

On 06/03/2024 22:56, Emily Scharf wrote:
I have used Libreoffice for years. But recently I downloaded it and -
mistakenly - responded to an option for greater security.  This turns out
to be 'administrator' which continually blocks me from anything but
read-only documents.

How do I turn off the 'administrator'?  I even tried to uninstall and
download again and it is still happening with my documents..

If I cannot stop the 'administrator' I will be forced to use another
programme (though I have used LibreOffice for years)

Thank you for your help.

Emily from London