I have not dealt with Base for years now (say 15), but, I did create a database
to track stuff that I own. The DB contained full scale images of the receipts.
I did not do as our indicated, but, it does display properly scaled images in
the image control. I took a look at the macros I wrote and I did nothing
special in the macros (it seems)  to properly scale.

My biggest error was to embed the entire full size image into the DB.

I do have buttons that Add an Image (so select, load and store in DB), Delete
an image (delete from DB), replace an image (so select from file system, then
replace existing), and extract from the DB

I can directly email you a copy of an empy DB if it interests you, but I am not
sure if it is useful or not.

It sounds like you did it write, show a thumbnail stored in your DB and
reference the actual file on disk.

I am writing a database front end application in C++ and QT for specific
collectibles and it will find the image using a naming scheme based on a
catelog number (at least for the standard image). Probably a better solution.

Andrew Pitonyak

On Monday, March 25, 2024 01:01 EDT, Edwin Humphries