On 12/29/2012 04:13 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Jim wrote:

Fedora 17 / KDE

How do I enable Wireless network,

NetworkManager is disabled.

Wired Network is functioning normal.

I'm sure that all I have to do is enable the Wireless Network.

Module rt2800pci is loading and I can read MAC# of wireless card

ifcfg-wlan below

# Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt
# for the documentation of these parameters.
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
TYPE=Wireless
HWADDR=00:15:af:e5:0b:49
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=yes
PEERDNS=no
IPV6INIT=no
ESSID=dd-wrt
MODE=Managed
RATE=auto
NM_CONTROLLED=no
DNS2=8.8.0.0
DNS1=8.8.8.8
CHANNEL=
I'm not sure exactly what you want to do.
If you want to enable NM (NetworkManager)
you'd have to change the line NM_CONTROLLED=no to NM_CONTROLLED=yes
in ifcfg-wlan above, and then say
   sudo systemctl enable NetworkManager.service
and
   sudo systemctl start NetworkManager.service
and if you like
   sudo systemctl status NetworkManager.service

Alternatively, you could try using the network service instead:
   sudo systemctl start network.service

I don't want to use NetworkManager, have deleted it. ( Please don't bring up NetworkManager any more, It is against my religion to even talk about it) My Religion is A PISS OFF NETWORKMANAGER USER.

I have eth0 ethernet working.

Now I want to get the Wireless card working on this laptop.
But when I try to reboot to load Wireless , the Network won't start, it FAILs .