Good day,

we are about to setup our fourth hosting plattform in the next weeks,
based on opennebula 4.10.2, ubuntu 14.0 and gluster 3.x (x ~= 4..6).

In our tests the VNC socket of the VMs has been exposed on the hosts
directly accessible on 0.0.0.0 -> for everyone. Given that sunstone
will be usable by our customers and VMs will be running on hosts other
than the one running sunstone, what is the default & secure alternative
in opennebula?

Do you support vnc / ssh tunneling like described on [0]?

This process is pretty neat, because you don't need to expose VNC at all
and not care about numbering of tcp sockets.

I guess a combination of ssh unix socket tunneling plus spice on the
frontend is probably the safest solution - what are your opinions?

How do you configure VNC access at the moment?

[0] http://www.nico.schottelius.org/blog/tunneling-qemu-kvm-unix-socket-via-ssh/

--
New PGP key: 659B 0D91 E86E 7E24 FD15  69D0 C729 21A1 293F 2D24