Hi,

Are you using the novnc-server included in OpenNebula? This component uses
a websocket proxy, so that you don't have to expose the VNC socket to your
users, and it will take care of the different tcp sockets.

Cheers

On 6 February 2015 at 12:50, Nico Schottelius <
nico-opennebula....@schottelius.org> wrote:

> Good day,
>
> we are about to setup our fourth hosting plattform in the next weeks,
> based on opennebula 4.10.2, ubuntu 14.0 and gluster 3.x (x ~= 4..6).
>
> In our tests the VNC socket of the VMs has been exposed on the hosts
> directly accessible on 0.0.0.0 -> for everyone. Given that sunstone
> will be usable by our customers and VMs will be running on hosts other
> than the one running sunstone, what is the default & secure alternative
> in opennebula?
>
> Do you support vnc / ssh tunneling like described on [0]?
>
> This process is pretty neat, because you don't need to expose VNC at all
> and not care about numbering of tcp sockets.
>
> I guess a combination of ssh unix socket tunneling plus spice on the
> frontend is probably the safest solution - what are your opinions?
>
> How do you configure VNC access at the moment?
>
> [0]
> http://www.nico.schottelius.org/blog/tunneling-qemu-kvm-unix-socket-via-ssh/
>
> --
> New PGP key: 659B 0D91 E86E 7E24 FD15  69D0 C729 21A1 293F 2D24

Daniel Molina
Project Engineer
www.OpenNebula.org | dmol...@opennebula.org | @OpenNebula