From: Ruben S. Montero [rsmont...@opennebula.org]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 3:11 PM
To: Steven C Timm
Cc: users@lists.opennebula.org
Subject: Re: [one-users] clusters in 4.8

Hi

If both clusters has access to the same datastores, just move them out
of the first cluster. When a datastore or network is not assigned to
any cluster (cluster default) OpenNebula assumes it can be used with
any host (no matter in which cluster is set).

BTW, although you do not needed for your use case, 4.12 will come with
extended VDC support to create complex provision scenarios. Basically
you can define generic "resource providers" that aggregate any
resource (cluster, host, network, datastores)  more here
http://opennebula.org/4-12-features-virtual-data-center-redesign/

Cheers

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Steven Timm <t...@fnal.gov> wrote:

> I have had my one4.8 host up for a while with a single cluster
> that has 150 hosts, one vnet, and a system and image datastore.
>
> I am now adding hosts from a different vnet.
> want to make second host + vnet cluster but still use
> the same system and image data stores.
>
> What's the right way to do that.. just remove the datastores
> from the first cluster... they can't be in more than one
> cluster at a time, can they?
>

> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Steve Timm

> Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
> t...@fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
> Office:  Wilson Hall room 804
> Fermilab Scientific Computing Division,
> Scientific Computing Facilities Quadrant.,
> Experimental Computing Facilities Dept.,
> Project Lead for Virtual Facility Project.

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect
www.OpenNebula.org | rsmont...@opennebula.org | @OpenNebula