2012/6/7 Ronald Albury <ronalb...@gmail.com>:
> I have the project layout pretty clean - with one artifact per project (jar
> library, executable jar, war/ear).  There are three top level applications
> that come out of the workspace - an ear and two runnable jar files.  The
> jar libraries are shared across the three applications.  I have heard
> rumors that Maven will object to this sort of layout ... I'd be interested
> in your opinion on that subject.

Don't care about those rumours, they must be Ant users :-D
Seriously, the fact that you have alread one artifact per project it's
a nice start. All you have to do is create a project of time "pom" to
rule them all, and then a module for each artifact. The type of the
modules must match the type of your project (jar, ear, war).
Dependencies between modules are just like the other dependencies.
However I disagree with Ron, once you move to Maven, you'd better move
in a clean way, so it's better to move directory as the Maven standard
layout suggests.

Antonio