Richard

From: Martin Eisengardt [mailto:martin.eisenga...@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 October 2012 23:40
To: Curtis Rueden
Cc: Maven Users List; Johannes Schindelin; Greg Domjan; Richard Kerr; Mark
Donszelmann; Mark Donszelmann; Elliot Metsger; sthelen; Peter Janes; Claudio
Bantaloukas; Mirko Jahn; sugree
Subject: Re: Unifying maven-nar-plugin implementations

Also, rather than migrating a fork directly, perhaps (if Mark agrees) we could
migrate the @duns repo, then push all of Greg's changes back on top? That way,
existing GitHub forks will all state "forked from maven-nar/maven-nar-plugin"
afterward, which would be ideal. And to preserve old links Mark could fork it
back into @duns again and update the README to state what happened. Thoughts?

Sounds like a good plan. However I did not compare the forks so I do not have
an idea how many work has to be done. But I will have a look in the next days.

Presumably we would also want to similarly migrate cpptasks-parallel?

I think so. It isn't maintained too (correct me if I am wrong).

> Technical features can be discussed in the github wiki at the moment.

Martin, shall we create a mailing list for the project? Perhaps a Google group?
Then we can migrate this discussion there instead.

Feel free to create it an invite the people :)

Regarding cross-compilation: I know it is of interest (wouldn't it be great to
build for multiple target platforms all from the CloudBees Jenkins on Linux?).
My colleague has done quite a lot of work in that area, but there are some
substantial obstacles. Shall we discuss further on our shiny new
maven-nar-plugin mailing list, once it exists?

Yeah, we should discuss it in a working group with experience on this topic.
Setting up cross compilation and having a maven-nar-plugin supporting it is not
that easy.