Yeah it appears our IT group is right...Nexus doesn't have a UI/feature to
do what we want.  What other options are there?

This would seem a common need, major project does a refactor of Maven GA
and want to delete all SNAPSHOTS used by the project to verify the refactor
is 100% complete.  We have had too many cases where the build is still
pointing to an old artifact that isn't part of the build anymore yet the
build is happy because old artifacts are still in Nexus.

-Dave