OK, I'm going to learn a lot from this thread.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 06:57:42AM -0700, Robert Patrick wrote:
> But in a large corporate environment, the centralized repository manager can
> house hundreds/thousands of repositories so unless you want to virtualize the
> entire set of repositories (which tends to make the repository manager
> slower), you still need to specify the repositories to search, right?

We have a local Nexus instance, and besides a mirror of Central and a
couple of others, there are just two non-mirror repositories:
local-snapshots and local-releases.  Why would you have more than these?

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library