Hi,

I'm cross posting this to StackOverflow (
https://stackoverflow.com/q/44394234/827480) b/c I'm not truly convinced
this is a maven question per say.  Rather I think it is more something due
to my Jenkins job config that is causing some issues, but I am hoping that
maven users here may have encountered this in Jenkins as well.  Either
that, or maybe someone can point out that I'm using the .mvn folder
incorrectly.

Essentially, I have a multi-module maven project that is set up as:

|.mvn
 \-maven.config
 \-jvm.config
|superpom
 \-pom.xml (main project parent pom, includes module defns)
|module1
 \-pom.xml (parent points to ../superpom/pom.xml)
 \src
  \...
|module2
 \-pom.xml (parent points to ../superpom/pom.xml)
 \src
  \...

My maven.config file is defined as:

-Dsign.alias=cert
-Dsign.storepass=changeit
-Dsign.keypass=changeit
-Dcheckstyle.skip=true
-Dcobertura.skip=true
-Dpmd.skip=true
-DskipTests=true
-DdatabaseUrl=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=TEMP
-DuserName=test
-Dpassword=test
-f superpom/pom.xml

If I run my maven build from the command line, everything builds as
expected. ie:

[project]$ mvn clean install

However, when I configure my jenkins job, it is failing as though it is not
seeing/reading the .mvn/ folder/files. In fact, to be honest, I'm not
entirely sure how to configure my maven project in Jenkins. If I leave my
ROOT pom definition as blank, then Jenkins complains it doesn't have a
pom.xml file.

If I specify my root pom as superpom/pom.xml then it isn't loading any of
my config files.

To be safe, I've even tried adding my .mvn folder in my superpom folder,
but that too is ignored.

jenkins.log:

[superpom] $ /var/jenkins_home/tools/hudson.model.JDK/JDK_7/bin/java
-cp
/var/jenkins_home/plugins/maven-plugin/WEB-INF/lib/maven33-agent-1.8.1.jar:/var/jenkins_home/tools/hudson.tasks.Maven_MavenInstallation/Maven_3.3.9/boot/plexus-classworlds-2.5.2.jar:/var/jenkins_home/tools/hudson.tasks.Maven_MavenInstallation/Maven_3.3.9/conf/logging
jenkins.maven3.agent.Maven33Main
/var/jenkins_home/tools/hudson.tasks.Maven_MavenInstallation/Maven_3.3.9
/var/jenkins_home/war/WEB-INF/lib/remoting-3.7.jar
/var/jenkins_home/plugins/maven-plugin/WEB-INF/lib/maven33-interceptor-1.8.1.jar
/var/jenkins_home/plugins/maven-plugin/WEB-INF/lib/maven3-interceptor-commons-1.8.1.jar
38679
<===[JENKINS REMOTING CAPACITY]===>channel started
using settings config with name Settings.xml
Replacing all maven server entries not found in credentials list is true
Executing Maven:  -B -f
/var/jenkins_home/workspace/JB4(Maven)/superpom/pom.xml
-Dmaven.repo.local=/var/jenkins_home/workspace/JB4(Maven)/.repository
-s /tmp/settings4167440206098086967.xml clean install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...

I'm not sure if I am using the .mvn folder incorrectly, if there is
something wrong with my Jenkins job configuration.

Am I doing this right?  Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks,

Eric