Hi,
I have a question regarding maven 2 and the use of multiple source
directories.
I want to migrate from ant to maven and have a problem with compiling 2
source directories to one output directory.
Directory structure is the following.
./src/ --> with the main source files
./gen-src/ --> with generated ejb-source files from xdoclet.
./target/ --> target of compiled files

In the build section I can only state on source-directory.
The documentation
under
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-one-source-directory.html
state there is no problem in using several source directories but they
forgot to say how.
Quote:
"There should be no limitations in this approach. Maven natively supports
multiple source directories for the purposes of generated sources.:

I already tried the approach to include the directories in the configuration
section. The result was, that maven always reported that no files have
changed.

<plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <includes>
                <include>${basedir}/src</include>
                <include>${basedir}/gen-src</include>
         </includes>
     </configuration>
   </plugin>
</plugins>

I already searched for a solution but the most answers were to change the
directory layout which is in my case not possible.
I really appreciate your help.
Another question regarding documentation. Perhaps I was to stupid to find
it, but is there any good documentation, or book out there for maven 2. The
current docu on the website does not have the deep I would expect, for
example a good plugin howto or an overview which xml-configurations tags are
available for a plugin.

Andreas