We've had this discussion before on this list, and I know someone
posted a way to convert a local repo into a "remote" repo with some
shell scripts.

I'll scan my archives but you can get the general idea from looking at
a specific artifact in your local repo vs on ibiblio...

home/.m2/repository/activesoap/jaxp-api/
maven-metadata-central.xml

home/.m2/repository/activesoap/jaxp-api/1.3/
jaxp-api-1.3.jar (.sha1)
jaxp-api-1.3.pom (.sha1)

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/activesoap/jaxp-api/1.3/
jaxp-api-1.3.jar (.md5, .sha1)
jaxp-api-1.3.pom (.md5, .sha1)
maven-metadata.xml (.md5, .sha1)

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/activesoap/jaxp-api/maven-metadata.xml
(local repo maven-metadata-central.xml file looks identical)
 <metadata>
 <groupId>activesoap</groupId>
 <artifactId>jaxp-api</artifactId>
 <version>1.3</version>
 <versioning>
 <versions>
 <version>1.3</version>
 </versions>
 </versioning>
 </metadata>

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/activesoap/jaxp-api/1.3/maven-metadata.xml
 <metadata>
 <groupId>activesoap</groupId>
 <artifactId>jaxp-api</artifactId>
 <version>1.3</version>
 </metadata>

The file maven-metadata-central.xml should be simply renamed to
maven-metadata.xml in the directory up from the version. Then we need
to generate a metadata file with the groupId, artifactId, and version
and put it in the directory with the jar and pom. Finally we need to
generate md5 and sha1 for all files.

I'm not saying this is 100% trivial etc, but its not that terribly
difficult, and I know most of it has been handled in shell scripts
posted to this list.

You can also try setting up a quick Maven Proxy (Proximity), pulling
your project dependencies etc through it, and then using the proxy as
your remote repo. This is probably the "quickest" solution at this
point.

Your primary problem is the "quickly" aspect. Cheap, correct, or quick
-- your choice, and Maven is already free and correct so you don't get
quick. ;-)

Wayne

==////==

> > Hi. Is there any type of documentation for the
> > maven-repository-builder ?
>
> No, I already asked.  Apparently the code was pulled out of
> the assembly plugin, and is used to test the eclipse plugin.
>
> So you might find some hints in the eclipse plugin tests.

So this sends me right back to Archiva again. Can Archiva convert
a local repository back to a remote one or am I wandering down the
wrong path? When I ran Archiva on my own development machine as `mvn
jetty:run'
did not make a repository available, except that Jetty had a bug to
prevent
this feature working?

Everything I have tried today seems to lead to a dead stop, and I just
want to get the thing actually working for a client and their deployment

machine.

--
Peter Pilgrim
UBS Investment Bank,