No, Andrew was right. The servers/server entry in settings.xml is for
any remote server. Just give it a try ;-)

Cheers,
Rodrigo Ruiz

Maruf Aytekin wrote:
> I think this is for deploying artifacts. and the settings are the
> settings to login the server. I have an http server running to serve my
> artifact repository username and passsword protected. I found this
> solution usses url with username and password:
>
>    <repository>
>      <id>internal</id>
>      <name>mycompany Repository</name>
>      <url>http://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/repository/maven2</url>
>    </repository>
>
> But I am getting authentication error with this and also with this
> solution I don't want username and password go with pom.xml. Is there a
> different way to achieve this?
>
> Thanks
> Maruf
>

> Andrew Williams wrote:
>> In settings.xml - something like
>>
>> <servers>
>>  <server>
>>    <id>internal</id>
>>    <username>...</username>
>>    <password>...</password>
>>  </server>
>> </servers>
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> Maruf Aytekin wrote:
>>> I would like to set a password protected repository. In order to
>>> download from repository you need to enter usernae and password to
>>> apache authentication prompt. Where should I configure it?  in the
>>> pom or settings file?
>>>
>>> <repositories>
>>>    <repository>
>>>      <id>internal</id>
>>>      <name>MyCompany Repository</name>
>>>      <url>http://mycompany.com/repository/maven2</url>
>>>    </repository>
>>>  </repositories>
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help,
>>>
>>> Maruf

- --
GRID SYSTEMS, S.A.             Rodrigo Ruiz
Parc Bit - Edificio 17         Research Coordinator
07121 Palma de Mallorca
Baleares - Spain               Tel: +34 971 435 085
http://www.gridsystems.com/    Fax: +34 971 435 082