Andy, many thanks for the help. It works now. -Maruf

Andrew Williams wrote:
You need to setup a <pluginRepositories> section too

Andy

On 5 Feb 2007, at 16:03, Maruf Aytekin wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I am doing something wrong here I guess.

I have set the username and password in settings.xml and configured pom.xml as below. I can deploy the files successfully but I cannot read from the repository. It checks internal but doesn't download the plugin from internal. it downloads it from central as follows:

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin: checking for upd
ates from internal
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin: checking for upd
ates from central
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-compil
er-plugin/2.0.1/maven-compiler-plugin-2.0.1.pom
1K downloaded
Downloading: http://mycompany.com/repository/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-compi
ler-plugin/2.0.1/maven-compiler-plugin-2.0.1.jar
14K downloaded

settings.xml
   <server>
     <id>internal</id>
     <username>username</username>
     <password>password</password>
     <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
     <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>        </server>

pom.xml
<modules>
   <module>customer</module>
   <module>server</module>
 </modules>
 <repositories>
   <repository>
     <id>internal</id>
     <name>MyCompany Repository</name>
     <url>http://mycompany.com/repository/maven2</url>
   </repository>
 </repositories>
 <distributionManagement>
   <repository>
     <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
     <id>internal</id>
     <name>MyCompany Repository</name>
     <url>scp://mycompany.com/home/repository/maven2</url>
   </repository>
   <snapshotRepository>
     <id>internal</id>
     <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
     <name>MyCompany Snapshot Repository</name>
     <url>scp://mycompany.com/home/repository/maven2</url>
   </snapshotRepository>
 </distributionManagement>

Rodrigo Ruiz wrote:

No, Andrew was right. The servers/server entry in settings.xml is for
any remote server. Just give it a try ;-)

Cheers,
Rodrigo Ruiz

Maruf Aytekin wrote:

I think this is for deploying artifacts. and the settings are the
settings to login the server. I have an http server running to serve my
artifact repository username and passsword protected. I found this
solution usses url with username and password:

   <repository>
     <id>internal</id>
     <name>mycompany Repository</name>
<url>http://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/repository/maven2</url>
   </repository>

But I am getting authentication error with this and also with this
solution I don't want username and password go with pom.xml. Is there a
different way to achieve this?

Thanks
Maruf

Andrew Williams wrote:

In settings.xml - something like

<servers>
 <server>
   <id>internal</id>
   <username>...</username>
   <password>...</password>
 </server>
</servers>

Andy

Maruf Aytekin wrote:

I would like to set a password protected repository. In order to
download from repository you need to enter usernae and password to
apache authentication prompt. Where should I configure it?  in the
pom or settings file?

<repositories>
   <repository>
     <id>internal</id>
     <name>MyCompany Repository</name>
     <url>http://mycompany.com/repository/maven2</url>
   </repository>
 </repositories>

Thanks for the help,

Maruf

- --
GRID SYSTEMS, S.A.             Rodrigo Ruiz
Parc Bit - Edificio 17         Research Coordinator
07121 Palma de Mallorca
Baleares - Spain               Tel: +34 971 435 085
http://www.gridsystems.com/    Fax: +34 971 435 082