Here's what I came up with using the maven-antrun-plugin.  How would I do
this with the assembly plugin?

        <profile>
            <id>zipContent</id>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                            <executions>
                                <execution>
                                    <id>zipContent</id>
                                    <phase>package</phase>
                                    <configuration>
                                        <tasks>
                                            <zip
zipfile="${project.build.directory}/static-content.zip">
                                                <zipfileset
dir="src/main/webapp/content">
                                                    <patternset
id="srcfiles">