My SCM section of my pom file (slightly modified for security reasons)

   <scm>
   </scm>

The only other trouble I had with the buildnumber plugin (as I mentioned before) that it needs the SVN executable. As far as I know it doesn't look for contact to the subversion repository, but uses the svn information in your working copy.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

DCVer wrote:
Have you made any configuration to scm plugin
(<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>) or used <scm> tags in your
pom.xml? I would be thankful if you could paste your configuration (if u
used one of them). My svn repository uses ssh private key to get to it.

Nick Stolwijk wrote:
I've configured the buildnumber plugin as follows:

<plugin>
           <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
           <artifactId>maven-buildnumber-plugin</artifactId>
           <version>0.9.5</version>
           <executions>
               <execution>
                      <phase>validate</phase>
                            <goals>
                                    <goal>create</goal>
                              </goals>
               </execution>
           </executions>
</plugin>

And uses it in a propertie file in src/main/resources:
version=Version: ${pom.version} - ${buildNumber}

The pom.version is replaced bij mij project version and the buildNumber is replaced bij my SVN revision at the moment. It does use the SVN executable, so you need SVN installed (and not only a GUI like Subclipse or Tortoise).

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

DCVer wrote:
Hmm, now I see that the revision number is null.. Looks like maven is
ignoring the scm tag..