Anurada,
Doing a site:deploy did not help. When I did site:deploy with the following
snippet
       <site>
            <id>website</id>
            <url>
                file://localhost/D:/bobquote/site
            </url>
        </site>
It created sites for all modules as well as the root project in that folder
but it still did not connect the links between the parent project and the
modules.

I tried a mvn site-stage, I had to change the url to just "site" and only
then it will stage it under the target directory. There the link to the
modules are changed from "maven.apache.org" but however it was still
pointing to the wrong relative directory (It was pointing to the module
directory relative to site directory of the project but the maven goal had
actually created module level files in their own target folder). Overall,
the link has changed from maven.apache.org to a module level path, which
still is inaccurate.

Is there something that needs to be configured?
Thanks,
Kannan