Try removing the <manifestFile> entry and see what happens when
there's a file present in that location, and what happens when there's
not (check target to see what ends up in the JAR). By default, Maven
looks for the file in that location, and uses it if its there, or
generates one if there's not.

I'm honestly not sure that adding a manifestEntry will work when the
file is present, but sounds like another thing to try while you're
doing the tests I suggested above.

Wayne