If you can't reproduce this problem using version 2.0.9, but can reproduce it (a couple times) using RC11, please file a jira issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG

I'll need you to re-run the build using RC11 and the -X command-line option, to produce debug output, then capture that output to a file and attach the file to the JIRA issue. This sort of command should work for capturing:

mvn blah > console.txt

Also, if you have a sample project (a mock project, not a real one from your work unless it's open source), this could be critical to allowing me to reproduce the problem in the minimum amount of time. I work on OS X, so it'll be difficult enough to debug this issue using a remote Windows VM instance, and the test project could be a real blessing.

This looks like a file-locking or permissions issue in Windows, but I really can't tell for sure one way or the other without more information. If you'd like this issue solved, I'm happy to go to the effort to debug and fix it, but I need your help to give me a starting point.

Thanks,

-john