From: David Weintraub [mailto:qazw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wed 1/28/2009 8:29 AM
To: Maven Users List
Cc: jk...@solbright.com
Subject: Maven Assemblies

I'm building a JAR file that needs to be packaged with some shell
scripts and some configuration files. The shell scripts will be in a
"bin" directory, the configuration files will be in a "conf"
directory, and I'd like the jar in the "lib" directory with any of the
dependency jars mentioned in the POM.

I've read about Assemblies in Maven -- The Definitive Guide, but I am
a little confused about them. It looks like the Assembly is separate
from the POM. Is this true? If it is separate from the POM, where is
it suppose to live, and how does the POM refer to it?

I figure this is a pretty standard setup for a standalone JAR
application, but I haven't seen any examples of this particular setup.

--
David Weintraub
qazw...@gmail.com