Hi Christian,

thank you for your fast reply.

I am not sure if we are talking from the same, or i don't understand
it, yet. I have got a handset as smsc in kannel, connected with
usb-cable, with which i want to send and receive mms and sms from the
same computer.

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 02:15:34PM -0400, Cristian Padilla Duff wrote:
| Hi Thomas,
|
|         If i am not wrong .. the correct way is this:
|
| To send MMS:
|
|       With a short number: you will need the autentification from the MMSC
| (operator) to make this communication possible.
|
|       Using a Fake number from mbuni, you don't need operator, the only
| thing you need is the url who you will call to make the mms and send it to
| the mobile.

I don't have any authentification informations. I only know the
MMS-Server-Url and the ip of the gateway and the port for wap.
Or do you talking about doing nothing without creating MMS, like the
procedure of wap push in kannel?

| To receive MMS:
|
|       There are 2 ways to do this:
|
|               With operator, by this way you will need to be configurated
| in the MMSC in the operator with a URL of mbuni who will response with a XML
| after the request of the operator (short number).
|
|               Configurate the mobile with the url of mbuni in the setup
| part (mms server, internet configuration).

I do not understand this. Isn't it, that I have to configure Mbuni with
the same parameters like the sending mobile phone? if I configure the
phone with the parameter of my mbuni, how could the mobile fetch the mms from
its mmsc? then he don't know we to get it, or i'm wrong?