On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 06:47:11PM -0400, Cristian Padilla Duff wrote:
| OK ... to send mms using the handset you must find in Internet the
| configuration (or do it your self) for the mbuni.
|
| For receive the mms using the handset as modem you need to find the
| configuration needed.
|
| Sorry but what you are trying to do is not so simple :P

:(

| - first you need to configured the server using the handset as modem
| - configured the server (mbumi/kannel) to take the handset as modem and send
| mms thru him.

That don't sound impossible :)

| - configured the server to some way receive the mms from other handset
| (assuming that the server know that the mms destinatary is the handset using
| as modem)

I thought it is possible to fetch the MMS messages directly from my own
MMSC, by using a WAP-Connection, isn't it? If it is too complicated the
other handsets have to send their MMS to a E-Mail-Account. Then I will
fetch the Messages with POP3 :-/ dirty workaround but better than spend
much time on this issue.

| Sorry :(

Thank you for your help. I hope I can return the favor someday.

| |
| |     Aps.... ok ... now i get it, mmmm you need to see the documentation
| | about how to create a mmsc with a MODEM (it's the same that you have ...
| the
| | only difference is that you are using a handset not a modem).
| | But  do you want to use your server(kannel/mbuni) as mmsc and smsc ...
| | that's what you want to do ?? receiving the mms in the same pc that you
| are
| | sending?? Or using internet to send him to other server?
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Hi Christian,
| |
| | thank you for your fast reply.
| |
| | I am not sure if we are talking from the same, or i don't understand
| | it, yet. I have got a handset as smsc in kannel, connected with
| | usb-cable, with which i want to send and receive mms and sms from the
| | same computer.
| |
| |
| |
| | On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 02:15:34PM -0400, Cristian Padilla Duff wrote:
| | | Hi Thomas,
| | |
| | |         If i am not wrong .. the correct way is this:
| | |
| | | To send MMS:
| | |
| | |   With a short number: you will need the autentification from the MMSC
| | | (operator) to make this communication possible.
| | |
| | |   Using a Fake number from mbuni, you don't need operator, the only
| | | thing you need is the url who you will call to make the mms and send it
| | | the mobile.
| |
| |
| | I don't have any authentification informations. I only know the
| | MMS-Server-Url and the ip of the gateway and the port for wap.
| | Or do you talking about doing nothing without creating MMS, like the
| | procedure of wap push in kannel?
| |
| |
| | |
| | | To receive MMS:
| | |
| | |   There are 2 ways to do this:
| | |
| | |           With operator, by this way you will need to be configurated
| | | in the MMSC in the operator with a URL of mbuni who will response with a
| | XML
| | | after the request of the operator (short number).
| | |
| | |           Configurate the mobile with the url of mbuni in the setup
| | | part (mms server, internet configuration).
| |
| | I do not understand this. Isn't it, that I have to configure Mbuni with
| | the same parameters like the sending mobile phone? if I configure the
| | phone with the parameter of my mbuni, how could the mobile fetch the mms
| | from
| | its mmsc? then he don't know we to get it, or i'm wrong?
| |
| |
| |
| | |
| | | I hope this information can be usefull for you
| | |
| | | PS: I some one read this and saw that I am wrong please ... do the
| honors
| | | and correct me .... Thanks
| | |
| | | Byez
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | Hello,
| | |
| | | I read the userguide, but I am not sure if I realy need VASP or better
| | | what I realy have to implement.
| | | I want to be able to send MMS from my computer and be able to receive
| | | MMS from other handsets.
| | | Is it correct, that I only need the mmsc-url from my operator for
| | | sending and have to setup a VASP-Server to receive my messages from this
| | | MMSC?
| | |
| | | Thanks in advance
| | | Thomas