Mick,

I'm taking a look at this.  I'll let you know what I figure out.

On 2/26/07, Mick Knutson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am still having issues it seems. I can display the table just fine and
then when I click the link, I get sent to
UserBackingBeanImpl.prepareForEdit() then to my edit user
form, but there is still no data shown.

I have attached the 2 xhrml files and the UserBackingBeanImpl.java file
here..

I really appreciate your help.

On 2/23/07, Mike Kienenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> The following should work.
>
> <t:saveState id="user" value="#{ userBackingBean.user}" />
>
> You'll want to set this on the "receiving" page, the page with the
> editable form (user detail page).   You can also preserve values
> across pages by putting the same t:saveState on both pages with the
> same id.
>
> You'll need to be sure that the id is unique (I generally use the page
> name followed by the item to preserve, ie.  viewUsersPageSelectedUser.
>
> The other thing you need to be sure of is that your UIData list is
> also preserved, but preserveDataModel="true" should work.   I normally
> use a t:saveState to do this, though, and never preserveDataModel.
>

> <t:saveState id="viewUsersPageUserList" value="#{ userBackingBean.users}"
/>

> On 2/23/07, Mick Knutson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The only thing I am trying to do is view a list of users. Then be able
> > click the username, pull up that user in an editable form.
> >

> > On 2/23/07, Mick Knutson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Because I am using the jsf-acegi in my app, I can't make everything
> > session scoped as it gives me these strange errors so I changed them all
> > back to request.
> > >

> > > So how should I implement this t:saveState ??? On my userTable.xhtml:
> > >
> > > <x:saveState id="user" value="#{userBackingBean.user}" />
> > > ???

or

> > thought I

> > error.
> > of

> > parameters in

javax.faces.el.EvaluationException:
> > Bean:
method

> > org.apache.myfaces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.setProperty
> > > > > > >
> > org.apache.myfaces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.setValue

com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyELContext$LegacyELResolver.setValue(LegacyELContext.java

com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.setValue(AstValue.java
> > :113)
> > > > > > >

> > com.sun.el.ValueExpressionImpl.setValue
(ValueExpressionImpl.java:246)

com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyValueBinding.setValue(LegacyValueBinding.java:68)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> > argument
> > > > > > >
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke

> > org.apache.myfaces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.setProperty
(PropertyResolverImpl.java

> > as this

> > you

> > problem with

> > I get

org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter
> > (ExtensionsFilter.java:147)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java
:264)

org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke

org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter
> > (FilterSecurityInterceptor.java :72)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java
:110)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter

(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java
> > :81)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter
> > HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:229)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java
:98)

> > property="#{userBackingBean.user.username

<from-view-id>/views/admin/users.xhtml</from-view-id>

<from-action>prepareForEdit</from-action>

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Use_Facelets_with_Tomahawk#updateActionListener

org.apache.myfaces.custom.updateactionlistener.UpdateActionListener

<handler-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.updateactionlistener.UpdateActionListenerTag

[jndi:/localhost/tro/WEB-INF/facelets/tags/tomahawk.taglib.xml]:

> > com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.initializeCompiler

com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.initialize(FaceletViewHandler.java:184)

> > com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:41)

javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:140)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke

org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter
> > (ExceptionTranslationFilter.java

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter
SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java
> > :81)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter
> > :229)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
> > (ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest
> > (ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward

> > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile (
> > JspServlet.java:314)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

> > org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
> > (StandardWrapperValve.java

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
> > (

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)

> > org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke

> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection
> > (Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket

> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run

jndi:/localhost/tro/WEB-INF/facelets/tags/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

com.sun.facelets.compiler.TagLibraryConfig$LibraryHandler.endElement(TagLibraryConfig.java
> > :258)
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement

org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endNamespaceScope

org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement

> > org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement
> > (Unknown

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch
> > (Unknown

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument

> > org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse
> > > > > > > > >
> > org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse

org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown

org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse

org.apache.myfaces.custom.updateactionlistener.UpdateActionListener

com.sun.facelets.compiler.TagLibraryConfig$LibraryHandler.createClass

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ExecutingMethodsFromLinkButtonParameters

<h:outputText

--

---