On Jul 30, 2008, at 12:34 AM, Martin Vysny wrote:

Hello,
 currently we are starting OpenEJB as an embedded service (by
performing a lookup of
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory in JNDI
InitialContext). Is there a way to perform a clean shutdown of this
embedded instance? We are using OpenEJB in testing environment and I
need to shutdown OpenEJB cleanly, for example to stop uncanceled timers.

Hi Martin,

If you don't mind being tied to some OpenEJB code you could try something like this:

import org.apache.openejb.loader.SystemInstance;
import org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler;
import org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.AppInfo;
import org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB;

public class Shutdown {
    public static void shutdown() throws Exception {
Assembler assembler = SystemInstance.get().getComponent(Assembler.class);
        for (AppInfo appInfo : assembler.getDeployedApplications()) {
            assembler.destroyApplication(appInfo.jarPath);
        }
        OpenEJB.destroy();
    }
}

We could probably wrap this up into a better package and allow it to be called from the initialContext.close() method so you don't have to have any OpenEJB code in your test case.

Let me know if this does the trick for you and we'll get the cleaner version in.

-David