On Sep 22, 2008, at 5:33 AM, Marcin Kwapisz wrote:

Hi,

I would like to add an interceptor to my EJB but only in a test. I have separate ejb-jar.xml for tests and all my EJBs are annotated.

We don't have any functionality for supplying an alternate ejb-jar.xml for testing purposes. It's not a bad idea and is something we might be able to add after we get the 3.1 release out the door.

When ejb-jar.xml is empty everything works fine. When I change ejb- jar and add for example:

<assembly-descriptor>
       <interceptor-binding>
           <ejb-name>StudentEndpointBean</ejb-name>
<interceptor- class>pl.zsk.sos.interceptor.TestInterceptor</interceptor-class>
       </interceptor-binding>
   </assembly-descriptor>

automatic configuration does not find my EJBs and I get javax.naming.NameNotFoundException

This might be because the ejb-jar.xml is with the ejbs that are annotated.

A small workaround might be to add an interceptor to your main app and have it look for a special system property of your creation in its constructor. The system property can be the name of an interceptor class that it should delegate to. If the system property is not specified then it does nothing. The test case could set the special system property to point to pl.zsk.sos.interceptor.TestInterceptor or any other interceptor you wish to write for a given test case. You could potentially then have an interceptor dedicated to each test case to help with testing yet still only have one active at a time.

-David