On Oct 9, 2008, at 3:16 AM, Marcin Kwapisz wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong: when ejb-jar is empty OpenEJB process all class files (in classes and test-classes) and looks for annotated EJBs. When ejb-jar is modified, OpenEJB process that file and looks for annotated EJBs in test-classes only.

We look for annotated ejbs in classes/ if we find a classes/META-INF/ ejb-jar.xml file and the ejb-jar.xml file does not have 'metadata- complete' attribute set to 'true'. Aside from the metadata-complete attribute, the contents of the ejb-jar.xml do not prevent searching for annotations or annotated ejbs. The classes/ directory is treated as a single ejb jar and the contents of the classes/META-INF/ejb- jar.xml apply only to the beans in classes/.

The same rule applies for test-classes/. Specifically, we look for annotated ejbs in test-classes/ if we find a test-classes/META-INF/ejb- jar.xml file and the ejb-jar.xml file does not have 'metadata- complete' attribute set to 'true' and the test-classes/ directory is treated as a single ejb jar, separate from classes/, and the contents of the test-classes/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml apply only to the beans in test-classes/.

Hope that helps.

-David