I just checked out, built and ran the code against revision 1135806.
Error is the same. Attached:

     at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ExpressionStoreQuery.newCompilation(ExpressionStoreQuery.java:154)
     at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.newCompilation(QueryImpl.java:672)
     at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compilationFromCache(QueryImpl.java:640)
     at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compileForCompilation(QueryImpl.java:620)
     ... 51 more

Please advise.

Thanks!