On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:54:35 -0000, Texicon <ke...@texicon.net> wrote:

Hello, to whom it may concern, I am wondering if there is a way to have the
background permanently change when I click on a cell that has color.  This
would then allow me to move to another cell and fill it with that color.

the 'format paintbrush' tool on the standard toolbar seems to be what you look
for. just select the cell from which you want to copy background, double-click
the 'format paintbrush' button and start selecting cells or cell ranges to
which you want to copy background colour; press escape when done.

if you have no format paintbrush on the standard toolbar, then go to 'tools ->
customise -> toolbars', choose 'standard' from the 'toolbar' drop-down list and
place a tick against the format paintbrush in the 'commands' list. if it is already
checked but nevertheless doesn't appear on the toolbar, then click on a thin button
with a downward-pointing triangle on the right of the toolbar; hopefully, you will
find the paintbrush in the drop-down list that appears.