The Insert Picture from File is just one click away if you have selected View --> Toolbars --> Insert. Personally I like the Insert Special Characters in the Sidebar like we have the Text Properties. Even better to have the ability to drag Toolbars into the Sidebar making the Sidebar customizable to your own needs.