On Wed, 14 May 2014, Brian Barker wrote:

[...]

Have you ever been asked to double-space a document? Probably. Has anyone ever asked you instead to set double spacing at the beginning of the document and then turn it off at the end? Of course not: that's not how people think and speak!

[sorry for snipping so much context!]

I probably don't grasp your idea here but there's nothing unhuman about being asked to set double-spacing from one spot in a document to another (or more plausibly, to indent "from here to there").

of course this is a very good use for styles. I use both styles and direct formatting ('like a typewriter') according to my needs and purposes though since 'default formatting' is itself a 'style', I guess one always uses styles.

not directed at you specifically but I see no need to be dogmatic; I'm happy enough with using these tools to fit my needs but I definitely would love it if 'reveal codes' were possible as I've run across situations where there's a bit of code 'stuck' somewhere doing devilry and it's hard to find. cutting and pasting in again without formatting is clumsy.

F.

--
Felmon Davis

It's hard to keep your shirt on when you're getting something off your chest.