Below,
-----Original Message-----
From: Keith N. McKenna [mailto:keith.mcke...@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 20:01
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Installation problems with V 4.1.1 on Windows 8
[ ... ]
Dennis;
Actually my signature is created by GNUPG via the gpg4win variant. I use
SeaMonkey's mail/news client with the enigmail add-on to manage OpenPGP
signing and encryption. I have my enigmail options set to use pgpmime
which will send the sig as an attachment. I have done it this way on
purpose so that people who do not use an OpenPGP compliant mail
client,which includes most web-mail implementations, do not have to wade
through the begin and end data that would get added otherwise.

<orcmid>
   The problem is that, with the thing done as an attachment, even those of us
who use gpg4win, the same as you, can't verify the signature without a plug-in.
 That's because the ASCII-armored but mystifying boundaries and the signature
block on the end are not available for checking by saving the mail as text and
running gpg4win on it.
</orcmid>

[ ... ]