> I was typing up a document on your word program and suddenly without my
> realization of deleting the text, it all disappeared.

What disappeared? Only the text or the whole window? Or something else?

I assume you are running Apache OpenOffice Writer, as you say ”word
program”, which perhaps refers to MS Office Word. Writer is however not an
MS Word clone or anything like that.
It's also not ”our” program. I'm just a user like you, so this list is just
people using Apache OpenOffice, helping each other out; it's not like
professional support or something.
Just saying, in case you don't know.

> This has happened to me maybe 3 times over a period of time.

I am not able to undo this change and get my text back. Please send me a
> possible solution to this problem that keeps occurring.

Do the file still exist? If so, what size is it?