No joy here!

If you are able to open an existing template while already having an opened Calc file, please tell me how. I don't mean using File | Recent Documents.

I am not able to open the quick access launcher/dashboard, or whatever it's called, if I already have a Calc file opened.

When I navigate to my desktop and then click on the OpenOffice4,1.3 shortcut, if a Calc file is already opened, I get that opened file; whereas I want to use the Templates button at the launcher screen to select a specific template for editing. I am trying to get both a template and a document file available within separate AOO windows screens.