At 12:58 29/05/2017 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:

I have an AOO-Calc sheet set for landscape orientation. I have set the row
height for Optimum Row Height since several cells have multiple lines of text
data. The first seven rows are repeated at top of each printed page. Am having
difficulty getting the height of each page to be equal, after moving the Blue
page break line up/down while in View | Page Break Preview mode.

I don't see what difficulty you can be having. You can move page breaks up to
reduce what is on each page, of course. If you move breaks down, so as to
overload any page, it seems that what you are squeezing in is automatically
scaled to fit. You can see this at Format | Page... | Sheet | Scale | Scaling
mode | Scaling factor. If you set the scaling factor back to 100% there, you
force your overloaded page to become two again, of course - but retain another
break where you put it.

It is not clear to me what you mean by "so as to      overload any page" or
"you force your overloaded page to become      two again, ".

Is there a method to configure each page to be a specified, consistent, and
equal height, i.e. equal number of rows?

There cannot be - as those are two conflicting requirements. You imply that
your row heights vary, so the same number of rows would in general be different
page heights.

Yes, I did say " since several cells have multiple      lines of text data".  I
disagree; the programming does not      presently exist but could be
implemented.  I.E., it would be nice      that when "framing" the page palette,
such that it includes a      consistent amount of row data (area),  if a
multiple-line row      cannot fit, then the complete row is carried over to the
together and brought to the next page.

Is there a feature for setting page height to Optimum Page Height?

Surely that's what you get by default - before you start tinkering in Page
Break Preview? Otherwise, isn't it all down to careful experimentation?

I have spent a good deal of time "tinkering" and      "experimentation",
without success, but with frustration.  Is      there an easy way to start from
scratch, i.e., with the defaulted      page frames? if so, how?
      I have just now copied the entire sheet to a blank AOO Calc sheet.
That appears to have answered my own question, and now I have the
defaulted page framing. That part of my problem is solved.

I would also like to have, e.g., five or ten, empty rows appear at the bottom
of each printed page, so that I may manually hand write in new data to that
particular printed page for later incorporation/revision to the sheet.

You'll need to add these empty rows to your spreadsheet explicitly, I think.
It's fiddly but easy to do. You can see in Page Preview exactly where your
extra rows should come and you can add them easily using Insert | Rows.
Depending on your design of the spreadsheet, you may need to modify some
formulae if they are still to work appropriately for you. You may well wish to
use a copy of your document in which to add these rows, so that you can return
to the unchanged version for future editing.

Perhaps, addition of one full page of blank rows is      a solution to this
quest, or I will try addition of a footer      containing blank rows. But, is
there a limitation imposed for the      footer area?
      This particular AOO-Calc sheet contains text strings only; no formulae
are required.       Maybe I will try using a Table within AOO-Writer instead of
using      AOO-Calc ! In either case, I do need to be able to do a sort on a
  selected column and repeat the column headings on each printed      page.
I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Thank you Brian for your reply to my concerns.

      VinceB.