Hi Jodi,

You are very welcome. When you find something in the software that you
find frustrating, or seems "stupid", first take a look in the in-built
"Help" facility, while not intended to be an "all encompassing" detailed
reference, it can often give you a reasonable clue about the information
you need to track down in other resources, such as the forum:
https://forum.openoffice.org the FAQ's, HowTos & Docs:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation.

This software has been around, in one form or another, for almost 17
years and there have been numerous articles and tutorials written about
it. So once you have a clue to what you should be looking for (eg. the
in-built "Help" facility), it should not be difficult to do a web search
and pinpoint the information you need.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave