-------- Original Message --------
From: m.j.l.pr...@talktalk.net <m.j.l.pr...@talktalk.net>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:12:31 +0100 (bst)

> i appear to have lost all my documents. When I try to access as I normally
> do, it throws up a 4.1.2. Registration Form. Please can you help ?
> Mike

Hi Mike,

As Rory has already said, you have NOT lost your files, they are still
on you computer's internal disk drive. Your reference to a registration
"Form" is a little puzzling, because Apache OpenOffice doesn't include
such form, which suggests that you may have obtained your copy from
somewhere other that the official source:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html which in turn redirects to
the official download servers at SourceForge.

It would help us to understand your situation a little better, if you
could advise:

  * Where this "Form" appears? (In a window on your computer, or in a
    page in your web browser)
  * In detail, what does this "Form" say?
  * What are the steps you take when you access your files as you
    normally do? (eg. double clicking on a desktop icon, selecting a
    file name to open from your file manager program, etc.)

Recommendation:

  * Uninstall the version you have now.
  * Download version 4.1.3 from the official link above.
  * Install the new official version.

If this does not resolve the issue, follow the steps to reset your "User
Profile" as described in the following tutorial in the User Forum:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426#p58403.

If none of the above recommended steps work for you, run a good
virus/anti-malware scan on your system.

Hope this helps.

Dave