If the author of the petition made it easier to sign the petition, I'd be happy to sign, but I was steered to at least 3 different web sites then the web site AFTER I had supposedly voted wants me to "register."

I hate the idea of a "ribbon interface" too, but after that many different web sites, I begin to smell a rat someplace. If I am being too paranoid, I'm sorry.

Can you make it possible to vote without leaving my personal information all over the world?

David

Tommy27 wrote:
PETITION: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/stoprenaissance/
Some OpenOffice developers announced, few time ago, a great (in their minds)
project: Trying to copy ugly, unusable Ribbon interface, made by Micro$oft
for Word and other Office products http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/prototyping_a_new_ui_july http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/prototyping_a_new_user_interface
This Ribbonized GUI has already several negative comments by Micro$oft
users, so, why trying to copy a poor GUi instead to analyze and solve
serious issues present in OpenOffice? (it has many serious issues)
if you Agree with me (and many other) please sign petition, so we can stop
OpenOffice renaissance (or middle age?) not useful project, and developpers
can avoid to stress and go to solve issues.

The petition has already collected 176 signatures. please, add yours