On 2009/08/31 1:19 PM  David B Teague wrote:

If the author of the petition made it easier to sign the petition, I'd be happy to sign, but I was steered to at least 3 different web sites then the web site AFTER I had supposedly voted wants me to "register."

I hate the idea of a "ribbon interface" too, but after that many different web sites, I begin to smell a rat someplace. If I am being too paranoid, I'm sorry.

Big rat. The first link given is:

   Open Office Official Site
   Create Word, Excel, Access & Powerpoint Latest Version
   OpenOffice-Software.com

That is not the official OpenOffice.org website. It is one of the cretins who want money from you to join their service so you can download free software.

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada