Hi Lars,

Lars Nooden wrote (4-9-2009 14:52)

It is even more so to pretend that calling "the ribbon" by another name
will make everything ok.

If you mean this text by Matthias:

Mathias Bauer wrote (3-9-2009 10:34)
Dotan Cohen wrote:

What exactly are the arguments against the Microsoft Ribbon? If we
know what the currently-perceived negative connotations of the Ribbon
design are, then the OOo Ribbon could be engineered to avoid those
pitfalls.

I think that this is more or less what I am trying to tell also. But to
avoid the Pavlovian response that the word "ribbon" seems to create, I
would like to use a different wording:

How can we create a context sensitive user interface that does not have
what people dislike in the ribbon?

... then you really misunderstand him.
It is about not using "ribbon", in order to be able to look at and talk about facts, before people get blinded by a word alone, which would make it very hard to come to any logic conclusion (regardless in which direction that might be).

Regards,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws