Barbara Duprey wrote:

Tim, part of the problem may be that you are not subscribed to the list, and not everybody will specifically include your address in their response. There are other ways to see the responses -- I can help (off-list) if you'd like.

I've had similar problems with vanishing toolbars on Windows systems, though generally the ones that have been "docked" to an edge stay put. You might try that and see if it helps.

I have docked and locked the toolbars and still they/it goes away.

I have 3.1.x installed, since Ubuntu does not like it when I to remove it from the menu system.
I made a launcher for the main system and for Writer.
I downloaded "deb" 64-bit version of 3.2 and installed it as instructed.
runs great, except so far the toolbar issue.