On 1/2/2011 11:03 AM, PJH wrote:
Brian Barker has written on 1/1/2011 7:03 PM:
At 17:53 01/01/2011 -0500, Ponly Jonly Honly wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that has 9 pages (sheets). How do I save the
entire thing to a single CSV file?

You do mean sheets, not pages, don't you?  The number of (printed
output) pages is irrelevant, of course.

At the bottom of the screen, there are 9 tabs, labeled Page 1, Page 2,
Page 3, etc.

I think the simple answer - as you have no doubt discovered - is that
you don't.  But you can easily save all the material in one of two ways:

o  Save each sheet separately as a CSV file.  Note that saving in CSV
format saves the current sheet, so you can save each sheet by
displaying it in turn.  These CSV files are plain text files, so you
can then very easily concatenate them in any text editor (even in
Writer, if you like) to achieve what you probably need.

Easy enough. Thanks.

Even easier, insert a new sheet (call it all or something appropriate.) Copy and paste each sheet sequentially into the new sheet. Add the info from each sheet at the row immediately following the last row holding information. Then export that sheet as a single CSV file. This works best if all the sheets are formatted with the same columns and headers. This method saves having to concatenate them later.
--
Gene Young
n2kvs