On 3/30/2011 10:04 AM, Spencer wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 08:53 -0500, Barbara Duprey wrote:
On 3/29/2011 5:10 PM, Spencer wrote:
Hi,
I created a template for a document that is
about 10 pages long. After creating the template and
saving it, I open up a new document and my template
comes up. However, when I come to the
end of the first page and go to the next
page, page 2, my template dose not appear any more.
It only show when I start a new document. Is there
some kind of linkage I got to do to tell writer
to use this template for every page?
Thanks
If what you did was create a custom page style that you want to use throughout
your document, you
need to set its next page style to point to itself.

     * F11 to bring up Styles and Formatting.
     * Select the icon for page styles.
     * Your page style will be highlighted. Right click on it and choose Modify.
     * On the Organizer tab, set Next Style to the name of your page style.

Otherwise, you'll need to give us some more information about exactly what you
did and how you want
the document to appear, and it would also be helpful for you to say what
operating system and
version, and OOo version, you are using.
--
Hi Barbra,
I am using OO 3.2 on ubuntu 10.4.

You generally don't need Left Page/ Right Page unless you are producing something that will be bound, and therefore needs the inside margins wider than the outside ones, or if you want alternate pages to have different header/footer content. If you need one of these page styles, you need both; even-numbered pages will use the Left Page style, and odd-numbered pages will use the Right Page style.

In your case, if you want all the pages to use the same style the easiest way is to modify the Default page style to have the header/footer content you want. Just using Insert > Header and/or Insert Footer will do that, and Default already has Default as its next page style. Note that this will affect only the current document; if you want to use this layout again, you should save it as a template (File > Templates > Save), which will make it available to use with File > New > Templates and Documents.

I'm glad you're getting the Writer Guide; you might also want to download the Getting Started guide, or just the chapter on Getting Started with Writer, which will give you a general understanding of the major features of Writer.