Linda, the straightforward approach is to procedurally enforce that the Open
Office users save to the desired Excel format.

Respectfully,
Mike C. Baker

From: Wilcox, Linda K
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:01 PM
To: 'users@openoffice.org'
Subject: [users]

Hello-

I recently purchased two laptops for two of my staff. Our IT department ordered
them and I was unaware the computers had Open Office on them until today. We
purchased them in March 2011.

I have a problem.

Our office has 4 staff who should be able to utilize MS Excel. We have various
documentation on these spreadsheets and need them to be accessible and able to
be edited by all 4 staff.

My secretary created a MS Excel spreadsheet and put it on our shared drive.

When the 2 staff with Open Office go to the shared drive and open the worksheet
they can view it and they can even edit the material within the spreadsheet.
This is great.except.when they edit the Excel spreadsheet information it does
NOT save it to the Excel spreadsheet but instead it creates a whole new
spreadsheet in Open Office.

Is there anything I can do to fix this and make it possible for all of us to
view and edit the same worksheet regardless of the fact 2 have Open Office and
2 have MS Office?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Linda

Linda K  Wilcox/EIOD /Program Mgr/SC

Allegany County Health Department

Early Intervention Program

7 Court Street, Belmont, NY 14813

585-268-9767

wilco...@alleganyco.com

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE

This transmission, including any attachments, is for sole use of the intended
receipient(s) or entity named above and may contain confidential and privileged
infromation. If you receive this and are not the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, unauthorized distribution or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender as indicated above to arrange the proper handling of the
information.