I've got the same as Ain. Function is functioning properly unless I put a small a in cell A1 instead of the capital A.

Arnold Huzen

Ain Vagula schreef:
steve wrote:

I'm on sheet3 and I've got:

=IF(sheet1.A1="A";"ADULT";"CHILD")

It always puts CHILD no matter what.

SuSE 10.1 with OOO from the SuSE DVD.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Steve.

Works here with no problems. With SLED 10, OO.o from community.
(btw, I can replicate this only, when Tools- Options - OO.o Calc -
Calculate - Case sensitive is marked and I write lowercase "a" into A1 in
Sheet1.)

ain