One comment only - inline.

Dan Lewis wrote:
Comments inline:

On Thursday 28 September 2006 04:44 am, Terry wrote:
It occurs to me also that a link openoffice.org-2.0 is created in
/etc. I have never looked into the integration of OpenOffice into
Mandriva but there seems to be room for difficulty if more than one
version is installed.

Terry wrote:

To clear part of this up, both installations (2.0.3 and 2.0.4RC2 are downloads from the OOo web site. However, there is only one OOo folder in /etc/. The problem could reside in the /etc/OOo folder.

Are the release candidates configured to use a user folder other
than ~/.openoffice.org2?

I would expect a conflict if using them in the same user account.
2.0.4RC2 uses the .ooo-2.0/ folder while 2.0.3 uses the .openoffice.rog2/ folder in my home directory.
******** Comment:

Thanks. I have installed and used release candidates but never alongside another installation in the version 2.0.x series.

My installations used the existing ~/.openoffice.org2 folder and at this moment I don't know how I would change that.

Dan Lewis wrote:
      I have both OOo 2.0.3 and 2.0.4RC2 installed on my system
(Mandriva Linux 10.2) in different folders in .opt/. They also
have different folders in my home folder (.openoffice.org2/ and
.ooo-2.0/). When I change the path to "My Documents" in Tools >
Options > OpenOffice.org > Paths for the 2.0.4RC2 version, it
changes the path in 2.0.3 to /root/. It also places a lock in
front of "My Documents" so that I can not edit its path.
     I have already renamed ~/.openoffice.org2 and restarted
2.0.3. This set the paths back to default. After closing 2.0.3
and restarting 2.0.4RC2, I changed the temporary files paths.
After closing 2.0.4RC2 and opening 2.0.3, the temporary files
path now is locked and can not be changed.

Dan
--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au