valerie wrote:
I am using OpenOffice 2.1 [Writer] and cannot find the function to turn off/on
table gridlines for printing.

My friend is using OpenOffice 1.1 [Writer] and when he creates a table it is
printing without gridlines & we cannot find  the printing options for
displaying gridlines [as in Calc].

Hope you can help

Thank You

Valerie
New Zealand
Hi Valerie,

Others have already provided some answers on this question.

I notice you are not subscribed to the mailing list. You can see all the answers using Gmane via the following link.

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions

There is one setting not mentioned in the other answers so I thought I would let you know.

The gridlines in a table in Writer are called borders.

You can have the default set to create tables with borders, or with no borders.

This default for table borders is set in Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org Writer -> Table.

Your friend most likely has the default set to no border, whilst you have the normal default to have a border.

The other replies let you know how to handle borders once the table is created.

I hope this information helps.

--

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.JustLocal.com.au