On Saturday 29 March 2008, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>On Friday 28 March 2008 11:16:22 Jeff wrote:
>> Is there some way I can use  my scanner to scan directly into openoffice?
>
>Insert -> Picture -> Scan
>
>There are then 2 options.  Unfortunately I have not got a working scanner at
>the moment, so I can't check which.  But with only 2 alternatives it would
>not be too onerous to suck it and see.

I was not aware that OOo had grown that ability, so I gave it a shot in 2.4,
unforch it hung for about 5 minutes when I chose the high resolution (choices
are 50 dpi and 2400 with my epson 1250u, it has many many more choices than
just those 2) because a 2400 dpi scan takes many minutes and generates
several gigs of data, and I had to first configure such things as lamp
controls etc.  The default turnoff was 300 seconds, aka 5 minutes, that was
15 minutes ago and I've since quit writer, and the lamp is still on.

However, it did release the scanner when I quit writer, and xsane was then
able to control it and turn it off.

>HTH
>Lisi

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
He is the best of men who dislikes power.
                -- Mohammed